[Yhc] build/version.py and darcs dist

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 10:11:05 EST 2008

Hi,

It looks like the way Yhc version is determined prevents usage of
tarballs created by darcs dist.

In the file "version.py" there is a line count of the "inventory" file
to count number of patches and thus determine the version of Yhc.

Thus, if buiding from a dist tarball, _darcs is not there, nor is
inventory, and scons build fails.

OTOH I never really saw Yhc printing its version: it always says (unversioned).

So is there any need to keep this logic in version.py, or maybe it
might be at least conditional upon the presence of the inventory file.

Thanks.

PS I hope someone maintaining the python part could fix this quickly.
Otherwise I'll try to take care of it myself, but I am not a python
expert.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web