[Yhc] Present Yhc build complains "yhc: Error: Found file multiple times, YHC.Exception" compiling Exit.hs

Thorkil Naur naur at post11.tele.dk
Sat Feb 24 09:00:45 EST 2007

Hello,

On Friday 23 February 2007 22:32, Neil Mitchell wrote:
> Hi
>
> > yhc: Error: Found file multiple times, YHC.Exception
> > Reason: imported from System.Exit
> > Found in:
>
> Things have changed with Exceptions quite recently, so the imports and
> dependencies are still in flux a bit. Hopefully Andrew or Tom will
> know what to do here :)
>
> > Interestingly, my buildbot compiles fine.
>
> It depends on lots of factors, teh ordering of files etc.

Some additional details about this: A fresh darcs pull followed by "scons
type=release" currently produces the mentioned error. But if I then do "scons
build library type=release", that appears to succeed. And if I then repeat
the "scons type=release", additional stuff gets built. But the end result of
all this is a yhc that passes the usual tests.

Summarizing, "scons" seems to be somehow different from "scons build yhc" +
"scons build yhi" + "scons build library".

And a question here: The buildbot uses "scons ...snapshot=1", what does that
mean?

> > And note: The message "Found file multiple times" actually means "Not
found",
> > as far as I have been able to tell The wording of this particular message
is
> > the subject of a bug report that I was preparing when this other thing
hit.

> Yes, I know, and I don't know why! I spotted this the other day - file
> a bug and I'll take a look some time.

This is now issue #122 and there is even a patch that fixes it.

> Thanks
>
> Neil

Thanks and best regards
Thorkil