[Yhc] build system issues

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue Feb 13 09:32:29 EST 2007

"Andrew Wilkinson" <andrewjwilkinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > picks up the CCFLAGS environment variable. Simply build as:
> > > CCFLAGS="-mcpu=g5" scons
> >
> > Right.  Unfortunately, scons does not seem to respect the CCFLAGS
> > variable when it is doing its own configuration tests.  So on my
> > machine, scons cannot recognise the installed libgmp, because the
> > test for it requires certain C flags (-m64) to succeed, but these
> > are not passed through.
>
> This should now work.

Actually, it still does not work.  In the meantime, I worked out how to
disable the config test for libgmp, which enabled me to discover in
addition that although the CCFLAGS variable is given to the C compiler
when building C files, it is not given to the C compiler when linking
those object files together.

Thanks for looking into all this!

Regards,
    Malcolm