[Yhc] check if program uses haskell 98 only? Re: [Haskell-cafe] regex package for yhc?

Thomas Hartman thomas.hartman at db.com
Thu Dec 6 15:39:16 EST 2007

On a related note... is there some easy way to be sure that a program I am
compiling uses only haskell 98? (Because any pure haskell 98 should always
compile on yhc... right?)

Say I have

module M where
import A

I compile this with ghc, no options, and iIt doesn't have any {-#-#}
options, so according to what I understand, it is using pure haskell 98.
So I might think this was a candidate for using on yhc.

However what if module M uses non-haskell 98 features, and I would want
the compile to fail because it uses something beyond h98? (Which would
warn me that attempting to migrate this to yhc is going to be Work at the
least, maybe not doable at all at the worst.) Is there a way to do that?

t.

Thomas Hartman/ext/dbcom at DBAmericas
Sent by: haskell-cafe-bounces at haskell.org
12/06/2007 03:21 PM

yhc at haskell.org, haskell-cafe at haskell.org
cc

Subject
[Haskell-cafe] regex package for yhc?

Is there some way to use any of the various regex packages on hackage via
yhc? Has anyone installed one them successfully?

I'd like regex-tdfa, but would settle for regex-posix, or really, anything
that brings the convenience of regex to yhc.

In general, is there a straightforward way to install "extralibs" type
packages for universal "import" availability in yhc?

Is there a cabal equivalent for yhc? Documentation pointer would be
appreciated; I searched but couldn't find anything. Maybe not using the
right keywords...

t.

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.