[Yhc] Prelude.hs is there anything I can remove to make it smaller?

Alexis Morris akmorris at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 22:47:10 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I am attempting to load up yhi on the Lego NXT, but I have several questions
about the main startup files that need to be there. In particular I am
referring to Prelude.hbc, _Driver.hbc, Primitive.hbc, and the user created
mainMod.hbc. Based on reading the sequence in the main.c file these are all
that are needed to start a simple program (say Hello World). I plan to put
several of these into a hash table and send them over to the waiting NXT
where I will then load from memory.

The problem is that I have a limited amount of memory (100KB left in ROM and
64KB in RAM) for loading in files and I note that Primitive.hbc is actually
139KB. I am curious about whether there's anything in Prelude.hs that can be
safely removed...some really obscure functions, if any...

Any ideas?

Cheers and thanks,
--
</Alexis>