[Yhc] how stable is yhc?

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 08:39:15 EDT 2006

Hi Kartik,

If you want to modify the runtime of one of Yhc and nhc, then Yhc is
really the sensible choice! The nhc runtime is mashed into the program
and compiled as one chunk of (not very nice looking) C. The Yhc
runtime is entirely separate doing runtime bytecode interpretation -
making it much much easier to play with.

Can you describe what you mean as stable? Ability to compile haskell
programs? Code change in the runtime? Code change in the compiler?

Also, can you give us any information on your debugging stuff, since
Yhc already supports some debugging stuff related to Hat in the
bytecode - it would be interesting to see how your stuff differs.