[Yhc] how stable is yhc?

Kartik Vaddadi itskartik at iitb.ac.in
Wed Sep 13 07:16:48 EDT 2006

Hello,
I'm building a debugger for Haskell that works by modifying the runtime,
and I need to choose between yhc & nhc.  Everything I've seen points
towards yhc, but I wonder how stable it is. I know it's not stable for
production use as a compiler, but as a platform for a debugger? For my
purposes, it does not have to work with every program. I find that yhc
works fine with almost all of the half-dozen small programs (<1 page) I
threw at it, but chokes on many of the hugs demos.

So would you suggest I work with yhc rather than nhc? Any comments you
can give me are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--
Kartik Vaddadi.

Home: 			www.cse.iitb.ac.in/~kart
Blogs:                  kartik.infogami.com, kartik-log.blogspot.com, kartik-rlog.blogspot.com
Alternate mail ID:	kartik.vad at gmail.com

"50% Reservation, 100% Politics" - Protest the Indian government's decision to increase reservation in private educational institutions (yfemumbai.blogspot.com)