[Yhc] -package cpphs ? (build problem)

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 15:45:23 EDT 2006

Hi

> > Can you please also give us the entire text of that link command, so
> > we can see if Cpphs is being included or not in the linking.
>
>     See attached.

It's not linked in, so that explains why you were getting that error.
Two options: something is failing to generate the object files for
cpphs, or something is failing to see them as required for linking.

> > have a directory depends/cpphs in your repo, which corresponds to the
> > cpphs program's source code.
>
>     Yep.  It is there.

Can you check if there are any .o files in that directory tree, I
would expect some under Language/Haskell/Cpphs or something similar.
Also are there any .hi files inside that tree?

>     Yes.  In my first attempt at compiling yhc a couple of days ago, the
> process complained about something, which I interpreted as needing to
> install cpphs, which I then did.  The build process was then able to
> proceed further, up to the point where I'm now at.

Hmm, so installing cpphs made the problem go away a bit? That is a bit
weird. Do you have any recollection as to what the original problem
was?

I kind of half suspect there might be two bugs in one here:

1) The initial bug you had a few weeks ago

2) If cpphs is installed, the makefiles don't report it as needed, but
it is since we don't include a package directive. I'll try and check
if I can replicate this behaviour.