[Yhc] building yhc on FreeBSD

Andrew Wilkinson andrewjwilkinson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 05:28:41 EST 2006

On 3/16/06, David Frech <yhc at nimblemachines.com> wrote:

> The issue is that autoconf+configure and gcc aren't looking in
> /usr/local/{include,lib} for the libgmp stuff (gmp.h and the
> libraries).

/usr/local is also a standard location under Linux so configure should have
been looking there. I'm not really sure where exactly to look to change
that, but I have been playing around trying to replace the seperate
Windows/Unix build scripts and the evil autoconf/automake hackery by
replacing them with scons. Currently I've got as far as generating
config.hand building yhi and yhc. I just need to try and build the
library now. I
haven't talked to Tom about whether he's actually interested in replacing
automake/autoconf but assuming he is I'll ensure the new build scripts look
in the right place :-)

Andrew