[Yhc] some initial questions

Robert Dockins robdockins at fastmail.fm
Mon Feb 27 20:06:31 EST 2006

Hello YHC hackers,

I've been looking pretty closely at YHC and I have a couple of questions:

1) I'm interested in the possibility of doing Java-style verification of
bytecode, so I've been studying the bytecode docs.  Looking at the bytecodes,
I notice that all the jump bytecodes seem to indicate that jumps are always
forward jumps.  Upon reflection it makes perfect sense, but I want to make
sure that is a conscious design decision.  It certainly makes the kinds of
analysis I'm interested in easier...

2) I notice that concurrency is a big unclaimed todo item.  Are there any
concrete plans in this direction?  I'm sort of interested in this, but before
I think about it too much, I was wondering what has and has not been thought
about/done so far.

Thanks!
Rob Dockins