[Yhc] New Google Code Features

Andrew Wilkinson andrewjwilkinson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 04:41:35 EST 2006

http://google-code-updates.blogspot.com/2006/12/happy-holidays-open-source-developers.html]

> It's the time of year for giving, and thus I have the pleasure of giving
you two much-awaited gifts for Google Code's project
hosting<http://code.google.com/hosting/>!

*> File Downloads* - this has been the most-requested feature since we
launched<http://google-code-updates.blogspot.com/2006/08/project-hosting-r-us.html>project
hosting here on Google Code. We knew it would be, but wanted to ship
earlier rather than
> later. We think you'll like what we did... *one-click downloads* and
scriptable uploads, as well as searchable summaries and labels.

*> Wikis* - all projects now have a tightly-integrated wiki appearing under
a new *Wiki* tab. The really cool thing here is that the content is stored
in your Subversion repository under the > /wiki/ directory. You can edit the
pages with your favorite editor and commit them with your favorite
Subversion <http://subversion.tigris.org/> client! Additionally, you can add
labels and page summaries to

page <http://code.google.com/p/serf/wiki/SerfStatus>.

>Cheers,