[Yhc] can't build on MacOS?

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Dec 7 08:17:15 EST 2005

Thomas Shackell <shackell at cs.york.ac.uk> writes:

> This is (almost certainly) simply because the stable repository is out
> of date :-) I'm guessing that that's what you're using. I've pulled the
> changes from the development one.

A fresh 'darcs pull' found 169 new patches. :-)

The build now appears to make the runtime system first.  (I'm assuming
that I can ignore warnings about the dependency files *.d not existing
yet, because it then seems to create them immediately afterwards.)

But now it falls over when attempting to build the compiler proper:

  make -C src/compiler98
  ghc -cpp --make Main -o ../../inst/bin/yhc
  Chasing modules from: Main
  ./Make.lhs:
      Can't find module Data.Map

Indeed, my installation of ghc-6.2.2 does not have a module Data.Map
in the base package.  Should autoconf have insisted on a version
of ghc>=6.4?  Is there anyway I can tell the config process to use
an explicit ghc-6.4, rather than plain ghc?  (I need to keep plain
ghc as 6.2.2 for other projects.)

Regards,
    Malcolm