[Yhc] can't build on MacOS?

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Dec 7 05:34:52 EST 2005

> Which version of libgmp do you have?

libgmp.3.3.3.dylib

>    #include <gmp.h>
>    int main(){
>      mpz_t m;
>      mpz_init(m);
>      return 0;
>    }
>
> does it compile with
>    gcc -o delete-me <filename.c> -lgmp

No.  It seems that I need to add -I/sw/bin and -L/sw/lib for gcc to
find the header file and link library (respectively).  I did think
that gcc would respect the LD_LIBRARY_PATH convention for finding
the library archive, but it doesn't seem to do so on this machine.
However, I'm not aware of any standard environment mechanism to extend
the #include search path.  Are there options I can give to autoconf
to pass a set of gcc flags into all invocations?

Regards,
    Malcolm