[Yhc] can't build on MacOS?

Thomas Shackell shackell at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Dec 7 05:16:29 EST 2005

Hi,

the autoconf script uses

   AC_CHECK_LIB(gmp, __gmpz_init)

which is the recommended way to check for GMP of versions >= 3 according
to http://swox.com/gmp/manual/Autoconf.html

Which version of libgmp do you have? and if you write a trivial program
like:

   #include <gmp.h>

   int main(){
     mpz_t m;
     mpz_init(m);
     return 0;
   }

does it compile with

   gcc -o delete-me <filename.c> -lgmp

?

In any case, I've pushed a patch that will hopefully make it work for
earlier versions of gmp. Let me know if it works :-)

Cheers

Tom