[xmonad] Failing to start xmonad sometimes

Eyal Erez oneself at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 17:22:50 UTC 2024

Hi,

I've started encountering a weird problem: roughly one in three times,
something will crash when I try to log in, and bounce me back to the login
manager (slim in my case). When I look in .xsession-errors, I can see:

XIO:  fatal IO error 4 (Interrupted system call) on X server ":0.0"
      after 8690 requests (8690 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server
":0.0"
      after 2823 requests (6 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
lxpolkit: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server
:0.0.
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

But I'm not sure what this means or how to debug further.  Here's the full
.xsession-errors
https://pastebin.com/t3AcV7dC

Any help would be appreciated.

--
There are 10 types of people, those who know binary and those who don't.