[xmonad] Errors building Xmonad using Stack

Tomas Janousek tomi at nomi.cz
Sun Jul 10 10:25:44 UTC 2022

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 10, 2022 at 12:59:30PM +0300, Eyal Erez wrote:
>However, when I try to start xmonad with my config file, I get many import
>errors. I've checked out the tagged versions v0.15 of xmonad and v0.16 of
>xmonad-contrib. Has the libraries changed at some point or is the compiled
>version having a hard time finding them? Is the problem in how I'm building
>xmonad or in my configuration?

The compiled version is having a hard time finding them, because xmonad
v0.15 doesn't have the stack detection logic that our install
instructions assume. They've been written with the master branch in
mind, and the logic has since been released in v0.17.0, so if you
specifically want to stick with a release, v0.17.0 is the oldest that
the instructions will work with.

--
Tomáš "liskin" ("Pivník") Janoušek, https://lisk.in/