[xmonad] managehook: ... dual-head & screen sticking clients

mito info at mito-space.com
Mon Jan 17 17:08:16 UTC 2022

Additional edit (2):

Am 17.01.22 um 17:13 schrieb mito:
> Edit in addition to last post:
>
> Am 17.01.22 um 16:40 schrieb mito:
>> OK, now it seems to work as you say – in KDE5/Plasma.
>> My problem was in Trinity, which is KDE3.5; screens are managed a bit
>> different there.
>> So one just optionally needs an additional 'liftX screenWorkspace' hook?
>>
>> On the other side, clients in Trinity don't swap monitors
>> automatically if there was an empty screen; which was handy. They
>> just were sticky if you don't shift them manually.
>>
>> Now in Plasma clients swap monitors again though I changed from
>> "W.greedyView" to "W.view"...
>>
> In other words: How to make clients sticky to a monitor/screen (in
> KDE5/Plasma) when changing workspaces even if the other screen is
> empty (to not swap them back by an extra mod-{e,w,r})?
>
> It's quite frustrating when properly arranged clients are always
> swapped to the wrong screen after it happened that was empty before on
> another workspace.
Now (in dual-head), when switching workspaces, only one monitor/screen
switches. So it would be of help *all screens* switch, too, and hence
the complete workspace's 'view port'. – IMO "import qualified
Graphics.X11.Xinerama" should do this, and that module treats both
monitors as one in combination.

As mentioned earlier, it works in Trinity (a.k.a. TDE=KDE3.5), so am I
missing something in KDE5?