[xmonad] managehook: How to shift apps to a screen in dual-head?

mito info at mito-space.com
Mon Jan 17 16:13:22 UTC 2022

Edit in addition to last post:

Am 17.01.22 um 16:40 schrieb mito:
> OK, now it seems to work as you say – in KDE5/Plasma.
> My problem was in Trinity, which is KDE3.5; screens are managed a bit
> different there.
> So one just optionally needs an additional 'liftX screenWorkspace' hook?
>
> On the other side, clients in Trinity don't swap monitors
> automatically if there was an empty screen; which was handy. They just
> were sticky if you don't shift them manually.
>
> Now in Plasma clients swap monitors again though I changed from
> "W.greedyView" to "W.view"...

In other words: How to make clients sticky to a monitor/screen (in
KDE5/Plasma) when changing workspaces even if the other screen is empty
(to not swap them back by an extra mod-{e,w,r})?

It's quite frustrating when properly arranged clients are always swapped
to the wrong screen after it happened that was empty before on another
workspace.