[xmonad] Workspace selector font size

Jacek Generowicz haskell.org-lists at my-post-office.net
Thu Aug 25 12:07:04 UTC 2022

Hi Tony,

On Thu, 25 Aug 2022 13:07:23 +0200
Tony Zorman <soliditsallgood at mailbox.org> wrote:

> Sounds like you're using XMonad.Prompt to open a workspace switcher of
> some sort (for example, the aptly named XMonad.Prompt.Workspace).

I did find this in my config file:

  import XMonad.Prompt.Workspace (workspacePrompt)

but after commenting it out, it still compiles, so it looks like I'm not using
it.

> [...] You have to simply override the `font` field of your
> XPConfig to use bitmap fonts again:
>
>     workspacePrompt def{ font = "-misc-fixed-*-*-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*" } (windows . W.shift)
>
> You may also have a `myXPConfig` or something, in which you can add
> the `font = …` override as well.

I do have a `myXPConfig def { ... }` Placing the font override there does indeed
affect the font in the relevant bar. Now I just need to find a decent font to
use there.

Many thanks!