[xmonad] Layout.Hiding: showing hidden in rofi and/or unhiding all

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Sun May 16 16:59:46 UTC 2021

Hi,

Is it possible to have hidden windows (from Layout.Hiding) be shown by rofi
(rofi -show window)? I guess the answer is no [1]. In such a case, is it
possible to unhide all hidden windows in all workspaces? (Probably not,
either).

Why this or something similar? Sometimes I have a window that I hide (say,
emacs editing a file, unsaved) because something comes up.  A while later I
might not remember where that was (only "I have emacs somewhere opened
editing file whatever"). I am forced to go through all of my workspaces
popping the possible hidden windows.

Maybe there is something much more sensible I am missing.

(Note that using Layout.Minimize, instead of Layout.Hiding, is not really
an option, since it interferes with BinarySpacePartition, which I use most
of the time).

Thanks,

[1] That is why they are hidden :-) : "completely removes windows from the
window set " from the documentation.

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Department of Biochemistry, Lab B-25