[xmonad] Is there a way to reparent a window manually?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 15:50:06 UTC 2021

I'm trying to reproduce your issues with my config, but I have no idea what
I'm doing. Can you upload a sample I can try to work with?

Someone who plays Mono-based games reports they work fine with xmonad,k so
that may not be the problem. Two others I'm aware of are:

(1) Your config does not have `ewmh` configured (this seems unlikely); or
(2) you're having `_NET_WORKAREA` issues.

If it's EWMH, simply configuring the `ewmh` combinator should fix it. But
quite a lot of stuff required EWMH these days, so I can't imagine you
haven't run into this before.

`_NET_WORKAREA` is complex. I'm told by other people that they have no
problem with it (more correctly, without it), but I find I need to set it
for some things (notably, KDE menus) to work properly. The difference may
be that I have a status bar at the top of my screen.

--
brandon s allbery kf8nh
allbery.b at gmail.com