[xmonad] Full-screen messes up tabs on google chrome

Platon Pronko platon7pronko at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 16:06:10 UTC 2021

Hi!

Minor nitpick - your "during" and "after" screenshots seem to be the same images (after-fullscreen).

Regardless, I'm able to reproduce the issue my config as well (only on Chromium, for example Firefox does not have the same issue). The problem gets even worse if the inital browser window is smaller (e.g. half or quarter of the screen). Seems that the browser uses the full-screen size for positioning contents and does not get notification about the new window size in time.
Testing similar scenario under XFCE does not trigger the bug.

Looks like the issue is somewhere between Xorg/Xmonad sending the resize events and Chrome/Chromium handling them.

Tomas, I tried your suggestion about xmobar - doesn't seem to be the issue, different settings had no effect.

Best regards,
Platon Pronko