[xmonad] Refresh display, adapting to monitor resolution

Jean-Baptiste Mestelan mestelan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 09:20:07 UTC 2020

Hello,

Is there a way to have XMonad adapt the display to the resolution of the
plugged monitor(s)?
My problem is: at home, I have the laptop attached to one monitor. I
suspend the session (systemctl hibernate), and resume it at work where I
use a higher-resolution monitor. The display remains as it was set when
starting the X session. The only way I have found to have the new monitor
settings detected is to restart the X session (slim restart), which
obviously kills user programs. So the question is: is there a command I can
run to have the display adapt to the capabilities of the current monitor?

Thanks for attention.