[xmonad] XMobar covered by display-1 main window

Peter Fitzgibbons peter.fitzgibbons at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 15:39:20 UTC 2018

HI Folks,
I have 2 displays in portrait-mode, both 1200x1920.
ghc 7.6.3
xmonad 0.11
xmobar 0.25

I've been reading several-years-old and even recent google results on this
issue.
https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/xmonad/2017-June/015266.html

xmobar --dock made the dock display on main (in display 1), though the
window is still full-screen, not giving space for the bar.

Could any of you please describe to me how to:
1) instruct main window to give space for the bar?
(other workspaces work fine, only ws2(display-1) does this.
2) display xmobar in both displays? (extra credit for separate bar contents
-- not necessary)

Your help is most kindly appreciated!
--
Peter Fitzgibbons