[xmonad] auto start apps on login, but not reloads

Sam Halliday sam.halliday at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 20:43:26 UTC 2017

Hi Brandon,

When I did an `xmonad --restart` it started all the apps again...
which is exactly the opposite of what I wanted. I only want the apps
to start on initial startup.

Just thinking aloud, another way I could do this would be to have
rules in place that always assign a new app to a given workspace. Then
I could start my main apps as usual from .xsession. But sometimes I
move a chromium window to a different workspace, so it would need to
allow that.

BTW, I'm using xmonad from ArchLinux 0.13. Should I be using a dev version?