[xmonad] GLFW fullscreen

Dmitriy Matrosov sgf.dma at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 17:28:32 UTC 2017

On 03/20/2017 03:00 AM, Tuncer Ayaz wrote:
> On 6 March 2017 at 20:03, Dmitriy Matrosov <sgf.dma at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 03/05/2017 03:08 PM, Tuncer Ayaz wrote:
>>>
>>> My patches are for fixing mupdf-gl (the GLFW created OpenGL viewer).
>>>
>>> desktopConfig, which is what I use in my extended version of
>>> example-config.hs, has basic EWMH enabled. Nonetheless, I've added
>>> handleEventHook with EwmhDesktops.fullscreenEventHook, but it didn't
>>> make a difference.
>>>
>>> I think you tried the x11 viewer and not glfw. Test mupdf-gl instead.
>>
>> Ah, yes, i've tried `mupdf-x11`. But now, i think, i found the
>> reason why fullscreen doesn't work: as Brandon Allbery noted, the
>> problem is in advertising EWMH. It turns out, two atoms are missed
>> in `_NET_SUPPORTED`: `_NET_WM_STATE` and `_NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN`.
>> Without them glfw goes with "override redirect" way and fullscreen
>> does not work properly. Here is the relevant code from
>> `glfw/src/x11_window.c`:
>
> Sorry for the late reply. I haven't had success with your xmonad.hs
> "hack" yet, but my mupdf patches landed upstream, so vanilla
> mupdf-gl from master will work correctly if the window manager does as
> well.

You have tried my config or copied changes to yours? In the latter case,
please, provide the exact entire config you've tried. And also the git
revision in mupdf repository may help.

> Also, it sounds like the bug could be fixed in xmonad-contrib. Is that
> correct? Or would it make more sense to include the "hack" in
> xmonad-testing/example.hs?

It should be fixed in xmonad-contrib in X.H.EwmhDesktops, as i
understand. There is already PR adding [part][1] of what needed, but it
haven't been merged yet.

[1]: https://github.com/xmonad/xmonad-contrib/pull/109