[xmonad] GLFW fullscreen

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 00:00:40 UTC 2017

On 6 March 2017 at 20:03, Dmitriy Matrosov <sgf.dma at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/05/2017 03:08 PM, Tuncer Ayaz wrote:
> >
> > My patches are for fixing mupdf-gl (the GLFW created OpenGL viewer).
> >
> > desktopConfig, which is what I use in my extended version of
> > example-config.hs, has basic EWMH enabled. Nonetheless, I've added
> > handleEventHook with EwmhDesktops.fullscreenEventHook, but it didn't
> > make a difference.
> >
> > I think you tried the x11 viewer and not glfw. Test mupdf-gl instead.
>
> Ah, yes, i've tried `mupdf-x11`. But now, i think, i found the
> reason why fullscreen doesn't work: as Brandon Allbery noted, the
> problem is in advertising EWMH. It turns out, two atoms are missed
> in `_NET_SUPPORTED`: `_NET_WM_STATE` and `_NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN`.
> Without them glfw goes with "override redirect" way and fullscreen
> does not work properly. Here is the relevant code from
> `glfw/src/x11_window.c`:

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't had success with your xmonad.hs
"hack" yet, but my mupdf patches landed upstream, so vanilla
mupdf-gl from master will work correctly if the window manager does as
well.

Also, it sounds like the bug could be fixed in xmonad-contrib. Is that
correct? Or would it make more sense to include the "hack" in
xmonad-testing/example.hs?