[xmonad] ManageDocks issue

Tim DuBois tim at neophilus.net
Thu Jun 1 11:54:30 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I haven't altered my configuration for almost a year now, but recently
my layouts have not been respecting my dzen bar.

I understand that ManageDocks should be handling this, although that's
seemingly no longer the case.

If you take a look at my config:

https://github.com/Libbum/xmonad/blob/master/xmonad.hs

you'll see I have manageDocks here

92 newManageHook = myManageHook <+> manageHook defaultConfig <+> manageDocks

which is incorporated here:

190 main = do
191        dzenLeftBar     <- spawnPipe myXmonadBar
192        dzenRightBar    <- spawnPipe myStatusBar
193        xmonad $ defaultConfig
194                { terminal              = myTerminal

201                , manageHook       = newManageHook

Has something changed that I'm overlooking, or is there anything in my
config you can see is causing this? I'm at a loss at how to debug the
problem at the moment.

Regards,

--Tim