[xmonad] Catching exceptions from getWindowAttributes

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 04:15:25 UTC 2016

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 7:11 PM, Daniel Wagner <dmwit at dmwit.com> wrote:

> I suppose the question that this error is asking you is: when
> `getWindowAttributes` throws an error, how should `floatLocation` respond?

I am not sure I understand wjy getWindowAttributes would throw an exception
except for "window removed", and for most of those you probably want to be
aborting the hook in question. So, make sure it's always under control of
userCode; this would include moving the one in X.O.manage into a userCode,
but that would probably be smart anyway since I think we crash currently if
the new window we want to manage goes away before we can. Or both its uses
(one to manage initial windows at startup and one in response to
MapRequestEvent).