[xmonad] Default Floating Window Criteria (rdesktop)

Jason Schulz jason at schulz.name
Sun Mar 6 01:12:26 UTC 2016

I'm trying to figure out why XMonad isn't tiling rdesktop by default (and
hopefully change it).  Whenever I launch rdesktop, the window gets floated.  I'm
using the default manageHook which, looking at the source, looks like it should
only float two programs by default (MPlayer, and mplayer2).

The command I'm using to launch rdesktop is 'rdesktop -K -a 32 -x lan -g
1920x1080 $host$'.  My xmonad.hs is posted on github if anyone wants to look at
it (https://github.com/uxcn/dot-files/blob/master/.xmonad/xmonad.hs).  I'm
currently using version 0.12.

Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

-Jason