[xmonad] Xmonad: Get NSP Workspace

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 18:24:04 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Dave Macias <davama at gmail.com> wrote:

> But reading your comment made realize something, (note: my haskelling is
> close to zero)
> 1. NSP still exist. how do i know? i have several scratchpads and when i
> hide them they actually go to the ws NSP but I myself cannot go to that
> workspace. (mod-0) but this is probably a separate/related issue.
> 2. ws 0 (mod-0) is not the same as NSP, but that is what i want WS 0 to be
> used for

If you have EwmhDesktops configured then you can use xdotool or wmctrl to
switch to the new NSP workspace. (Note that it won't exist until something
is moved there, unless you list it explicitly in your workspaces.)

As I said previously, you must modify the NamedScratchpad module in order
to use a different workspace name. It does not work by slots (like the
reloading of workspaces across mod-q does), it looks for NSP by name.
https://github.com/xmonad/xmonad-contrib/blob/master/XMonad/Util/NamedScratchpad.hs#L153