[xmonad] Prevent swapping workspaces on multi-monitor setup

Eyal Erez oneself at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 22:09:02 UTC 2016

Hi,

I use xmonad with two monitors.  I love that I can switch workspaces
in each monitor independently.  I don't believe any other WM supports
this feature.  However, if a workspace is visible on one monitor and I
hit its number on another monitor, xmonad will swap the two
workspaces.

For example:

*focus
mon  A   B
SW  [1] [2]*

If I hit M-1, I get

*focus
mon  A   B
ws  [2] [1]*

I was hoping that there's a way to change this behavior.  I would like
xmonad to either not do anything in this case or better yet, switch
the focus on the other monitor without swapping workspaces.

Thank you,

--
There are 10 types of people, those who know binary and those who don't.