[xmonad] insertPosition and transient floating windows

adam vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 19:40:25 UTC 2015

Hi Peter,

It looks like composeOne picks the first action that matches. So I think
you'll get what you describe from:

    composeOne
      [ isFloating -?> doCenterFloat

      , pure True  -?> insertPosition Below Newer
      ]

You've given me an idea for a new contrib module: specifying which window
gets focus after the last one closes should be done in contrib... sort of
the opposite of InsertPosition. I think doing that reliably involves a
handleEventHook. I think the event to watch would be ones with the
DestroyWindowEvent constructor and nothing relevant turns up when I grep
contrib, so it probably hasn't been written yet.

Regards,

Adam