[xmonad] RFC: XMonad.Prompt.ConfirmPrompt module

Francesco Ariis fa-ml at ariis.it
Thu Mar 12 23:36:26 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 01:05:06PM +0100, Carsten Mattner wrote:
> Do we know how many contributors were put off by Darcs to not
> submit a patch and should do migrate or Mercurial or Git?

I submitted a very small patch to Xmonad some time ago. The guide
provided to submit a patch was clear, darcs UI very intuitive, the
submit-to-mailing-list path streamlined.

I cannot digest git; it is much more unfriendly to the "casual
contributor" to me, I often end up frustrated using it. It is
a very popular choice though (even if I would expect someone
contributing to a Haskell project to at least have heard
of Darcs).

And yes, I must admit it, it feels nice using (and hence generating
important feedback) a tool developed in Haskell, by Haskellers,
for Haskeller.