[xmonad] Integrated screen lock in xmonad?

Timothy Beyer beyert at fastmail.net
Tue Jan 6 03:29:20 UTC 2015

At Mon, 5 Jan 2015 11:47:37 -0500,
Brandon Allbery wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Timothy Beyer <beyert at fastmail.net> wrote:
>
>     I wrote a screen locker (metalock, http://chiselapp.com/user/beyert/repository/metalock/
>
>     ) that supports binding arbitrary commands to keys, among other features.  It's fairly
>     secure, but I still need to finish a program to invoke it automatically (eg. a better
>     xidle).
>
> What do you consider "better"? Have you looked at xautolock?

I like xidle, but it is missing support for something analogous to xscreensaver's -deactivate option.  I want certain applications (notably, video players and games) to not be interrupted by a screensaver, and I'd presume that many users have a similar requirement.

It has been a while since I've looked at xautolock, so I don't recall if it has that feature.

Tim