[xmonad] dmenu in xmonad with KDE

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 01:13:09 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 8:08 PM, Zachary Peterson <zap5029 at psu.edu> wrote:

> . When running, I'm unable to launch dmenu through
> mod-p,

Do you actually want dmenu instead of KDE's run dialog? You'll need to
replace the keybinding in that case. (I was trying to help you in IRC but
it was not clear that you actually wanted dmenu. I even specifically said
at least twice that it would not run dmenu.)

If you specifically want dmenu, then look at XMonad.Util.EZConfig to add
something like

    [("M-p", spawn "dmenu_run")]

to the keybindings, to override the use of KDE's run dialog.