[xmonad] dmenu in xmonad with KDE

Zachary Peterson zap5029 at psu.edu
Sat Feb 28 01:08:14 UTC 2015

Hello,

I've decided to give xmonad a try after hearing some good things about
it. I installed it and configured it as described in the wiki
(https://wiki.haskell.org/Xmonad/Using_xmonad_in_KDE). I have no
knowledge of Haskell yet, so the only change I've made to the config
given in the wiki is the change of 'kdeConfig' to 'kde4Config', as
directed. When running, I'm unable to launch dmenu through
mod-p, though I am able to start it with 'dmenu_run' in a terminal. I
checked my .xsession-errors file, and found the following lines after
trying:

QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
Bad _NET_DESKTOP with data[0]=-1
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] QObject::connect: Cannot connect XSyncBasedPoller::destroyed() to (null)::_k_x11FilterDestroyed()
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
Bad _NET_DESKTOP with data[0]=-1

This is all through Debian Wheezy with KDE4, with all relevant
installations done through Debian's repositories.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
--
Zachary Peterson
zap5029 at psu.edu
(317) 828-2377