[xmonad] Dual monitor hotplug issue

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 14:16:12 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 5:01 AM, Miles Sabin <miles at milessabin.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, a lot of windows are also moved onto the workspace
> which is visible on the laptop panel. Some of these are from the
> workspace which was visible on the monitor which has just been
> removed, but others are from workspaces which weren't visible on
> either the external or the laptop panel.

Are you running a compositing manager? xmonad does not move windows around
in that case, but compositing managers often seem to think it does; if I
immediately kill the compositing manager, things go back where they should
be. (Depending on my xmonad config, I can also sometimes trigger this with
mod-q.) Oddly, if I do not immediately kill it, xmonad seems to adopt the
new configuration (probably when the logHook runs or something).