[xmonad] Issue 576 in xmonad: On FreeBSD Xmonad loses first hotkey sometimes

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Oct 14 07:27:02 UTC 2014

Comment #16 on issue 576 by dernst... at gmail.com: On FreeBSD Xmonad loses
first hotkey sometimes
https://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=576

OK here's my truss output with -V0. The problem does not occur here
anymore. Also no more calls to setitimer(0,{0.000000, 0.000000 },0x0) right
before execve("/bin/sh", ...) as would be desired in the normal case. But
ofc, the setitimer() call in executeFile only takes place if timers are
currently enabled..

I did not report this problem to GHC yet and no one else has to my
knowledge done that. We first wanted to find out if it's a problem with the
FreeBSD port, but Gabor Pali who maintains this port, couldn't reproduce it
on his systems.

Also added another truss log without V0 but with the eventlog enabled
(xmonad.eventlog.truss.bz2). I tried starting a test program which outputs
if the interval timers are still enabled. It worked for PID 2435 and 2437
and did not work for PID 2432, 2441, 2444. (you can grep for pid nr and
execve to find your way around). I can't see a common theme however. For
PID 2432 there were two threads running before execve aparently . For PID
2441 there was a GC run between fork and execve...

Do you think that's enough information to report to GHC?

Attachments:
	xmonad.V0.truss.bz2  31.6 KB
	xmonad.eventlog.truss.bz2  153 KB