[xmonad] Startup Arguments

Oliver Dunkl odunkl at gmx.net
Mon Oct 6 19:20:01 UTC 2014

Chris Bell <cwbell at mail.usf.edu> writes:

> I run Xmonad on my laptop, where I sometimes have multiple displays
> (when I'm at my desk). As a result, I have two Xmonad configs - one
> for a single screen, and one for two screens, which spawns extra
> copies of some programs (xmobar, for example). However, to keep
> everything playing nice, I have to manually swap out the config each
> time I switch my monitor setup by editing my xmonad.hs.

I currently work on such an addition. I use CmdArgs for the command line
arguments. After that you could give a command line attribute for the
base directory (e.g. --basedir=~/.xmonad-test) instead of the default
(~/.xmonad) one.

It is a quite small addition but i want to be backward compatible to the
currently existing arguments.

\= odi

--
Oliver Dunkl