[xmonad] Switch to previous workspace layout

Ruslan Kiianchuk ruslan.kiianchuk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 02:20:02 UTC 2014

Hello.

Few months ago I became a incredibly happy user of the tiling window
manager XMonad. Though I know only the very basics of Haskell, I managed to
create a desirable configuration with the help of this
post<http://www.nepherte.be/step-by-step-configuration-of-xmonad>and
this perfectly documented config
for Ubuntu <https://github.com/davidbrewer/xmonad-ubuntu-conf>.

Yet I have a question on switching workspace layouts. I'd like the Mod +
Shift + Space shortcut to switch to previous workspace instead of the first
(default) one. In default config I found only:

     -- Rotate through the available layout algorithms
    , ((modm,               xK_space ), sendMessage NextLayout)

    --  Reset the layouts on the current workspace to default
    , ((modm .|. shiftMask, xK_space ), setLayout $ XMonad.layoutHook conf)

Also looking through XMonad.Layout I could find only NextLayout and
FirstLayout messages. No PreviousLayout. Is there any straight forward way
to implement that?

Thank you.

--
Sincerely, Ruslan Kiianchuk.