[xmonad] XMonad inside Virtualbox inside XMonad

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Sat Feb 8 22:13:02 UTC 2014

daniel at wagner-home.com writes:

> Can you just use a different modifier in the guest?

My XMonad modifiers (I have one for each hand) have been banged into my
muscle memory through thousands of daily presses over a period of years,
so while this might be possible theoretically, in practice, not really.

Besides, if these two keys are taken out of the game altogether, then
there's a serious shortage of modifiers on the keyboard: I need a Shift,
a Meta and a Control on *each* hand.

(I've never understood the stories about people liking to rebind Caps
Lock as Control: where do they put the *other* control?)