[xmonad] XMonad inside Virtualbox inside XMonad

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 19:14:06 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 6:37 AM, Jacek Generowicz
<jacek.generowicz at cern.ch>wrote:

> Somehow XMonad and Virtualbox beetween them conspire to prevent the key
> I use as my XMonad modifier to be passed on to the guest OS (even when
> Virtualbox' key capture prevents the host's XMonad from seeing it). I

Sigh, has xorg managed to acquire even more brokenness? When there's an
active keyboard grab in progress (vbox's keyboard capture), it should
override passive grabs by other clients (xmonad) and pass the key events to
the active-grabbing client (vbox) normally.