[xmonad] To what xmonad renames the Menu key?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 03:36:37 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 10:31 PM, jenia.ivlev <jenia.ivlev at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering if xmonad remapped the menu to become the mod key?

xmonad does no key remapping.

Have you by any chance been experimenting with Xkb, either directly
(setxkbmap) or indirectly (various desktop manager keyboard control panels,
xorg.conf Xkb* configuration entries, etc.)? I seem to recall someone
suggesting some setxkbmap entries to you earlier.

This will interact with xmodmap, and Xkb will take precedence --- and
xmodmap can't always understand Xkb settings.