[xmonad] How to start xmonad with lxde?

jenia.ivlev jenia.ivlev at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 02:02:13 UTC 2014

Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com>
writes:

> On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 8:26 PM, jenia.ivlev
> <jenia.ivlev at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     I want to start xmonad in another tty. I would like it to use lxde
>     as
>     the Desktop Environement. I read that in order to do that I need
>     leave the following in the xmonad's config file
>     (~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs):
>
>     main = xmonad $ desktopConfig { terminal = "lxterminal" }
>

> At the very least, you need some imports with that:
>
> import XMonad
> import XMonad.Config.Desktop
> main = xmonad desktopConfig { terminal = "lxterminal" }
>
> I'm not sure what's up with the error you got, though; it appears to
> be at the end of the file. Control characters, perhaps? The output of

I left, by accident, an extra character in xmoand.hs.
> env LANG=C od -c ~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs
>
> might be illuminating.

Thanks very much. I think it worked. But I must admit that I though, for
some reason, that xmonad will start lxde and I will have all the normal
lxde features (like program's bar on the buttom and so on). Instead, it
only started the terminal from lxde. Can you please tell me, how do I
start a full lxde Desktop Environment with xmonad?

However, I don't want to change lxde configs because by default I want
it to use openbox (which I can use easily).

So can I start xmonad in such a way that it will use lxde as the Desktop
Environment?

Thanks very much in advance.