[xmonad] How to start xmonad with lxde?

jenia.ivlev jenia.ivlev at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 01:26:51 UTC 2014

Hello.

I want to start xmonad in another tty. I would like it to use lxde as
the Desktop Environement. I read that in order to do that I need to
leave the following in the xmonad's config file (~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs):

    main = xmonad $ desktopConfig { terminal = "lxterminal" }

When I recompile the file in xmonad:

        xmonad --recompile

I get the following error:

    xmonad.hs:1:59:
        parse error (possibly incorrect indentation or mismatched brackets)

Can someone please tell me how to achive starting xmonad with lxde?

Thanks in advance for your kind help

P.S

To start xmonad in the first place (no lxde) I use this:

    startx /usr/bin/xmonad