[xmonad] Issue 350 in xmonad: Investigate using Dyre for xmonad configuration

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Dec 2 20:05:09 UTC 2014

Comment #12 on issue 350 by woozlet... at gmail.com: Investigate using Dyre
for xmonad configuration
https://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=350

I was playing around a little with replacing the baked-in recompilation
with that from dyre. Relaunching does not seem to work reliably as
recompilation crashes xmonad/X. This only happens when I change the
configuration file. My guess is that the relaunch facilities are not
compatible with the `executeFile` calls which are currently used. It's the
same issue as mentioned in #7. The second feature mentioned there is now
the default in Dyre.

     Configuration '/home/saep/.xmonad/xmonad.hs' changed. Recompiling.
     xmonad: waitForProcess: does not exist (No child processes)

The attached patch still uses the command line arguments to pass the state
on restart. I don't think it is worthwile to addres any outstanding issue
unless the recompilation works properly.

Attachments:
	recompilation-with-dyre.dpatch  23.3 KB