[xmonad] XMonad.Prompt.Pass patch

Daniel Schoepe daniel at schoepe.org
Fri Aug 29 20:45:49 UTC 2014

Hi,

the intention for xmonad-extras was to house modules requiring
additional Haskell libraries as dependencies to prevent pulling in a lot
of other stuff just for compiling xmonad and xmonad-contrib. This is not
a problem here, the module just won't do anything.

The same point can be made about all the modules to support dzen-based
status bars, (like Util.Dzen), for which dzen is needed for the modules
to be useful. In my view, it's up to the user to ensure these binaries
are present when they want to use what is clearly a module that's
supposed to integrate pass/dzen/whatever with xmonad.

Therefore I think that this module can go into contrib.

Cheers,
Daniel