[xmonad] Is there a feature...

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Mon Sep 30 16:42:49 CEST 2013

objitsu at gmail.com writes:

> instead of having another window appear and cause a relayout, I'd like
> the new open application to sit on top, a stack I guess

I'm not sure I understand your requirements exactly, but it sounds a bit
like what the Full and TwoPane layouts already do.

> the ability to flip between windows but within another frame on the
> screen was brilliiant.

Let me see if I understand. You have, say, a grid of 2x2 windows. When
you open a new window, it appears on top of the currently focused one,
leaving the other 3 visible. You now move to one of the other 3 and open
a new window, which appears on top of the currently focused one, leaving
the other 3 visible.

Something like that?

In other words, a bit like the Full layout on N virtual screens
simultaneously visible on the same physical screen?