[xmonad] recompiling xmonad.hs results in one virtual screen instad of two

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri May 3 15:07:36 CEST 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:34 AM, Christopher J. Ruwe <cjr at cruwe.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 03 May 2013 07:37:13 -0400
> Daniel Wagner <wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
>
> To my knowledge, I _never ever_ changed the xmonad compilation options
> on my system. I'll give it a try, though.

It's less the xmonad configuration options than those of the Haskell X11
bindings. Also you must make sure the system Xinerama development libraries
are installed when you rebuild the X11 bindings, or they will default to
not supporting multihead.

(A common source of confusion here is that, while the Xinerama extension is
no longer used, some of its lower level routines are still used by XRandR;
in particular the routines for finding out what heads exist and where they
are mapped on the virtual root.)